What is a Ghost?
Clues that you might have a ghost are:
1. A doorbell rings when no one is there .
2. Radio or television going on or off by itself .
3. The sound of footsteps .
4. Sounds of breathing .
5. Tapping or knocking on walls .
6. Water faucets turning on by themselves .
7. You hear voices, but there is no one there .
8. Books or other objects are knocked off the shelf.
9. Material possessions are moved from one room to another.
10. A definite cold spot in a room where there is no draft or window nearby.
11.There is an odor that moves from place to place.
12. A white or grayish hazy object floating through a room.
13. The feeling you are being watched or something touches you but there is no one there .
14. A feeling that someone is sitting on your bed or couch .
15. Your house has been for sale for a long time but no one will buy it .
Why do Ghosts hang around ?
I do not always see ghosts, but I sense and feel them, hear them and sometimes even smell them. When we physically die, our souls leave our bodies, and most of the time we move on to the other side. Once in a while a soul will choose, for one reason or another, not to go to the other side. It will choose to stay here on earth, becoming an earthbound spirit or ghost.
Our souls are made up of energy. A ghost may have the appearance of our physical body only transparent like a watercolor. Souls can also appear as a streak of light or a ripple of energy, much like a heat mirage. When a soul appears it may also have on clothing similar to that which it wore in life.
There are many reasons why ghosts choose not to go to the other side. We are in death as we are in life and ghosts are as varied in their personalities as are the living. The souls that stay behind are a small number compared to those who cross over and move on. The notion that ghosts are harmful and evil is not based in reality. The majority of ghosts are simply unhappy, restless, lost and harmless.
Remember when dealing with ghosts that you are the one with a body, you are the one with power. Treat them kindly and help them on their way.
How can you tell if you have a Ghost ?
You can bet if you have one ghost in a house there is a good chance there are more. Most ghosts will look for a house that already has earthbound spirits in it so they do not feel alone. However, they will not necessarily hang out with each other. There are times a house only has one ghost and most of the time that ghost wants to be left alone.